Film Tax Credit Program
OverviewThe Film Tax Credit Program is accepting applications for fiscal year 2015-2016. Act 55 of 2007, the Film Tax Credit Law (Act 55) was enacted and authorized the issuance of $60 million in tax credits in an effort to expand the activity of film, television and other production companies in Pennsylvania.
UsesA project is eligible if at least 60 percent of the project’s total production budget is used for Qualified Pennsylvania production expenses. Refer to the program guidelines for a listing of qualified Pennsylvania production expenses.
FundingThe amount of the tax credit available for an eligible project is equal to 25 percent of Qualified Pennsylvania production expenses for the project.
EligibilityProjects eligible for tax credits under the Program include: the production of a feature film, a television film, a television talk or game show series, a television commercial, a television pilot or each episode of a television series intended as programming for a national audience.
TermsApplications may be filed no sooner than 90 days prior to the start date of principal photography in the Commonwealth. We will be reviewing and approving application packages within a 90 day period: July 1st through September 30th; October 1st through December 31st; January 1st through March 31st; and April 1st through June 30th.
How to ApplyApplicants must complete the online Single Application available at newPA.com and provide the information and documentation as set forth in the program guidelines.
- Appendix A – Enabling Legislation – Act 52 of 2013
- Appendix B – Acknowledgements and Logos
- Appendix C – Qualifying and Non-Qualifying Expenditures
- Appendix D – Film Tax Credit Application
- Appendix E – Budget Top Sheet
- Appendix F – Instructions on Completing the Single Application
- Appendix G – Monthly Reporting Form
- Appendix H – Final Production & Economic Impact Report
- Appendix I – Final Pennsylvania Vendor/Subcontractors Report
- Appendix J – Final Cast & Crew Form
- Appendix K – Film Tax Credit Assignment Application
- Appendix L – Third Party Agent Consent Form
- Appendix M – Qualified Production Facility Affidavit
- Appendix N – Approved Qualified Production Facilities