Weatherization Assistance Program (WX)August 21, 2015
Pennsylvania’s Weatherization Assistance Program increases energy efficiency in homes by reducing energy costs and increasing comfort while safeguarding health and safety.
On site energy audits are conducted to assess conditions in homes and to identify the most cost-effective energy saving measures to be installed. Weatherization services include but are not limited to:
- Blower door guided air sealing to effectively locate and reduce air-leakage throughout the home
- Installation of attic, wall, basement and crawlspace insulation and ventilation to reduce energy loss
- Heating system modification or replacement to increase the efficiency and/or safety of the heating system
- Minor repairs, and/or health and safety measures are provided (when necessary) to allow the safe and effective installation of the weatherization measures
- Client education on the proper use and maintenance of the installed Weatherization measures and ways to reduce energy waste everyday
The average expenditure per household is $6,500 depending on the home audit results.
Eligible applicants include low-income individuals (at or below 200% of the federal poverty level), with priority given to higher risk residents such as the elderly, disabled individuals, families with children and high energy users.
How to Apply
If you are an indvidual or household click here to find the weatherization agency that serves your county.